Salary: Highly Negotiable
1. Scope of Responsibilities
Under supervision, develops policies, procedures, and objectives for PIL projects in accordance
with contracts at hand and Management guidelines. Plans, coordinates and administers the
strategic goals of Procurement Department in order to meet Client’s needs.
2. Primary Duties
- Provide strategic direction for company-wide procurement efforts; participate with PIL leadership in the establishment, communication and implementation of business goals.
- Establish business targets for cost savings.
- Coordinate the procurement side of proposal preparation, and ensure that the best prices are secured with longest possible validities, and shortest deliveries to meet operational targets.
- Review and negotiate contracts with large-scale suppliers to achieve appropriate savings and service levels.
- Review major project procurement contracts; coordinate contract compliance, change orders, and problem resolution in conformance with contract law; consult with legal counsel as required.
- Ensure that all legal contract requirements are met. Manage relationships with external contacts, including removing obstacles to ensure optimal team performance.
- Act as negotiator between PIL and vendors/suppliers on procurement contracts; stay informed on all new developments relative to available resources; make recommendations designed to reduce costs, update systems, and provide environmentally approved materials and services.
- Ensure that expediting (field and desk) and shipping units serve as chain links to complete the loop with procurement staff, in order to meet the project operational deadlines and milestones.
- Attend project review meetings and ensure that all associated reports are adequately compiled and distributed as required.
- Ensure optimal customer service is provided to all departments within PIL; facilitate changes to process as needed; participate in the planning and implementation of strategic goals for the entire project procurement team.
- Serve as an operational and technical resource to all of project procurement staff in the communication and resolution of purchasing systems issues; negotiate successful resolution to problems or concerns; educate them about processes and procedures.
- Survey customers to assess process and team performance; benchmark other EPC institutions for process ideas and/or improvements.
- Survey markets for price and delivery information of major raw materials like steel, copper, other exotic materials, technology-related items, etc.
- Ensure functionality of procurement cycle software and hardware systems.
- Resolve operational issues; implement changes as necessary.
- Implement health and safety procedures.
- Communicate strategic issues/changes to team; build commitment and confidence.
- Resolve complex system or process issues; perform regular team duties.
- Functionally interview, hire and manage the materials management team.
- Manages procurement staff in support offices (Beijing, Houston, Milan, Mumbai & Woking).
- Monitor and communicate team goals and achievement of goals on a regular basis; keep the purpose, goals and approach relevant and meaningful. Administer the system of team measures; track all measurement data; provide feedback to team members and Management on overall performance.
- Identify training needs for staff; provide or secure training for team members; strengthen the mix and level of skills within the team. Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
- Establish and implement short and long-range organizational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate operational effectiveness; effect changes required for improvement.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; recruit, employ, train, supervise, and evaluate unit staff.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the organization and perform periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Recommend the development and act as custodian of procurement policies and procedures.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the department.
- Analyze complex bid tabulations for compliance with established procedures, in order to achieve optimum selection decisions.
- Establish guidelines for potential strategic alliances with major vendors.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Management and Vice President-Supply Chain.
- Act as custodian of procurement modules in major applications including ERP.
3. Job/Cost Impact
- Coordinates all activities for the successful execution of the procurement needs of projects.
- Oversees all coordination in areas such as buying, negotiating, expediting, logistics and materials
- management to ensure the smooth execution of projects.
4. Decision Making Authority
- Decisions limited to the scope of the Procurement requirements of the project and procurement strategies.
- Consult with supervisor on key decisions, which affect the project scope.
5. Supervisory Responsibility
- Procurement Manager
- Procurement Support Manager
- Procurement Manager-Proposals
- Project Procurement Manager
- Expediting Manager
- Logistics Manager