CA Oil & Gas Middle East is looking for a FIELD ENGINEERING MANAGER (Oil & Gas) Middle East – Sharjah
Salary: Highly Negotiable
Scope of Responsibilities:
Manage and lead the Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical and Instrumentation teams in carrying out all Engineering activities for large Projects. Coordinate between the teams and serve as the bridge between engineering, procurement and project management teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning and scheduling of the scope of Engineering for the project and provide inputs for the project technical document register and procurement register.
- Ensure that the Engineering team lead engineers adequately address the project’s manpower requirements by coordinating with the engineering discipline supervisors.
- Monitor the engineering progress, address shortfalls, develop recovery plans where required and ensure plans made are implemented. Provide feedback to engineering discipline supervisors as and when required on the progress.
- Ensure that engineering deliverables generated by the project engineering team meet the project requirements in terms of technical content and follow project specific procedures such as the engineering plan, quality plan, document numbering and levels of approval.
- Ensure participation of the engineering team members in project engineering reviews and assist resolution of any issues arising out of the same.
- Perform checks to ensure that the procurement specifications generated by the engineering team are completely in line with project specifications with no discrepancies.
- Coordinate with the procurement team on the requisitioning process and follow through for bid evaluations, approve technical bid evaluations and complete the purchase requisitioning. Participate in pre-order bid meetings with vendors from the engineering point of view.
- Attend initial kick-off meetings after order award and participate in vendor design reviews as required.
- Provide assistance as and when required in the strategic procurement planning.
- Attend project review meetings and ensure that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
- Ensure that interface items between disciplines are addressed by the project engineering teams and seek management advise and assistance where required.
- Identify with the engineering team potential areas of variation that may arise during the course of engineering for the project and communicate the same to the project management team to ensure its non-occurrence.
- Assist the project team lead engineers in their interactions with the client counterparts as required during the project execution.
- Interact with the other project engineering managers on inter discipline items.
- Facilitate project as well as discipline audits.
- Act as the interface between the Engineering team and the Project Management team and ensure smooth transfer of information between the two.
- Evaluate team performance and communicate with team members on areas of excellence as well as areas of improvement.
- Perform related duties as and when directed by Direct Superv
- Bachelors degree in engineering with minimum 18 years of experience in Field Engineering.