CA Oil & Gas Middle East is looking to add a PROJECTS CONTROL MANAGER to their Oil & Gas Client’s team.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a dynamic person, who is looking for a long term contract in the Middle East, Sharjah.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to planning engineers, schedulers and cost engineers to plan, monitor, and control the execution of the project within the time and budgetary parameters, optimizing resource utilization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop systems and procedures for Project control functions on the onset of the project and as and when there are additional requirements from the client in order to facilitate the process of monitoring progress.
- Plan and schedule the project by developing a project master schedule in line with the proposal requirements through the application of the primavera P3 software to understand the project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks and targets to determine the staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project through the project measurement system.
- Guide the project planning team to develop and install the project controls procedure, project schedules (level 1-4), and reporting systems specific to project.
- Prepare the progress measurement system such as manpower histograms, which indicate the number of people required each month, progress S curves which will indicate the progress that the project makes at a given point of time etc, which are reviewed at periodic intervals.
- Implement the work schedule and monitor progress of the work for timely execution of the project through daily/weekly/monthly/ reports with respect to review of the overall project. and progress monitoring of specific projects on a regular basis. Anticipate and resolve any problems, ottlenecks/scheduling conflicts.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules and monitor progress to achieve on time or earlier deliveries to keep the project on schedule.
- Co-ordinate internal project team reviews followed by an approval and review by the client of the work schedule, progress measurement and reporting systems.
- Review status reports, modify schedules and plans as required and keep the management and Project director apprised of the progress on a regular basis.
- Ensure that field project controls documents such as resources histogram, schedules, reporting systems, piping data base, material controls systems, etc are fully developed by the designated personnel and reviewed by Construction Management and that E and P interfaces are properly addressed.
- Carry out diagnostic studies on ongoing project/ construction, to measure what is achieved vis-à-vis the plan by the project control team based on progress reports and feedback to ensure timely completion by the and formulate an action plan to keep the project on schedule.
- Develop and advise the proposal planning team as and when required.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as and when directed by the Supervisor.