CA Oil & Gas is looking for a MANAGER – CIVIL and STRUCTURAL for a Large Oil & Gas Company in the Middle East
Do you have what it takes?
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of responsibility.
- Plans and formulates engineering programs assuming entire responsibility for the completion of conceptual and detailed design activities within the scheduled timeframes, allocated manpower and budgeted costs
- Allocate appropriate manpower for the preparation of proposals and the performance of detailed engineering on projects.
- Manage the discipline proposal team in the performance of all activities including issuance of inquires, review of vendor offers, preparation of technical write-ups and BOQ’s and manpower and cost estimates. Ensure cost estimates are accurately reflected based on project requirements.
- Guide the Discipline project team in carrying out contract review, establish list of engineering deliverables and technical requirements for the development of the Technical Document Register (TDR) and the Procurement Register. Review designs for compliance based on sound engineering practices, company standards, client contract requirements and based on international codes and standards.
- Review contract requirements for project execution, organize the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR), and identify requirements and scope of work; review specifications, Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, Review Philosophies, and other relevant documents. Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the initiation of technical queries to projects/client.
- Consult and coordinate with technical integrity /assurance manager for all technical integrity / assurance related issues. Plan and organize for technical audits in the discipline. Ensure that technical assurance is met in the outputs.
- Promote value engineering, apply cost effectiveness techniques and maintaining optimum quality while meeting total specification compliance.
- Confer with management on project developments. Coordinate and integrate relevant project engineering activities with other engineering departments.
- Evaluate manpower requirements; develop manpower plans, charts and schedules. Recommend, assign and allocate manpower for the execution of engineering activities within the budgeted project man-hours. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall manpower costs.
- Direct the integration of technical activities and engineering deliverables. Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, head internal staff and kick-off meetings, ensure the progress of project completion in accordance to determined schedules, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues.
- Evaluate current manpower skill levels and apportion work among engineering staff according to complexity, specialized training and project requirements. Determine training and development requirements; confer with supervisory level personnel in the identification of skill gaps and training needs. Mentor and motivate assigned staff.
- Direct the activities of department performance evaluations. Establish clear work standards and ensure performance objectives are met. Evaluate and make recommendation for promotions, salary increases, transfers, and terminations.
- Recommend recruitment requirements in support of department engineering activities; participate in screening of applicants, interviewing, selection and hiring of candidates.
- Analyze technology trends; recommend upgrade of systems and procedures when required. Assess, identify and develop technical tools, conduct presentations and seminars to update and improve the quality of engineering deliverables.
- Identify and organize the preparation and implementation of standard design guides, specifications, datasheets and checklists.
- Interact with Quality Assurance for quality issues; strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality standards and procedures.
- Coordinate Internal and client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Promote safety awareness in strict compliance with company HSSE policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and assess department material resources, recommend library books, codes and standards and software requirements.
- Provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers, provide startup assistance as required
Interested applicant can apply to email@example.com
Please DO NOT APPLY if you do not match the criteria given above.