Salary: Highly Negotiable
CA Oil & Gas Middle East is looking for a PROJECT DIRECTOR for a Large Oil & Gas Company in Dubai.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to the project management team, which comprises the project managers, procurement, project control, contracts management, quality assurance/quality control and health/safety and environment teams to ensure successful completion of the project within the parameters of time, budgets and quality.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead proposals preparation and supervise, analysis of RFQ (Request For Proposal) requirements, prepare preliminary execution plans, supervise data, collect and collate to complete the technical and financial proposal.
- Supervise the preparation of the overall project plan & execution strategies for management review and approval on award of a project.
- Manage the approved plan to achieve project deliverables and timeline objectives viz. set up the organization, mobilize the team and develop a schedule with respect to planning, procurement and the execution strategy in line with the Contract provisions. Sign off on key documents including project schedule levels 1-3.
- Setup specific plans for HSE, quality and cost control.
- Participate in the preparation off the budget at the time the tender is awarded which includes components such as project control, administration and day- today running costs. Ensure that resources are made available to achieve performance and proper checking of the engineering and procurement processes.
- Control the project through project management, project engineering, discipline engineering and construction through project and area managers.
- Ensure safe and efficient execution of assigned projects, within the set targets and schedules
- Liaise with the client senior management and troubleshooting any areas of conflict between the project management team and the client to ensure a smooth and continuing working relationship.
- Manage people related issues, communication and direction to the project management team and executive reporting along with the project control team.
- Ensure relevant budget and delivery plan and provide regular project progress, reports and forecast. Monitor progress of work for timely execution of the
- project through daily/weekly/monthly/ reports with respect to review of the overall project. Anticipate and resolve any problems, bottlenecks/scheduling conflicts to achieve on time or earlier deliveries to keep the project on schedule.
- Ensure project and area managers deliver the projects within the contracted duration and within the agreed budget through regular meetings, and monitor performance and expenditure vis a vis the plan.
- Provide leadership & direction to various contracting agencies during Project
- Execution, maintain ongoing relationships between the contractor and company and ensure that the project/area managers business dealings with clients subcontractors and vendors are conducted to a high professional standard.
- Promote quality awareness in every sphere of project activity and the Petrofac organization. Manage quality through audits conducted on a weekly basis and incase of non-conformances ensure that these are rectified and measures taken to ensure that they do not recur.
- Ensure high safety standards are maintained on all projects, the client’s feedback is positive and that project management is proactive in this respect since accidents are viewed seriously by the client.
- Develop a cost report per month that details costs and expenditure for the period, forecast for completion of the project with an aim of minimizing the variance.
- Promote team work and a spirit of co operation among employees.
- Guide the project team to achieve project goals, drive and motivate the project team and develop team members who have potential to move to senior positions and move on a fast track. Career planning, mentoring, proposing members for promotions, bringing in high caliber individuals to fill positions.
- Provide guidance and coaching to senior staff in management of their groups.
- Generate development plans and charting career paths for staff with recommendations for corresponding training programs Monitor performance culminating in promotions/new roles as well as evaluating team members based on potential geared to training/career progression opportunities.
- Lead the team through regular meetings with the client and meetings to address specific issues, team meetings and meetings with specific departments.
- Develop training plans for fresh graduates and supervise implementation Carry out any other duties as and when requested by the direct supervisor.
- An engineering degree/diploma with a minimum of 20 –25 years of project management experience in the oil and gas sector with at least 5 years in the role of a Project director.
All interested application can apply
SORRY TO REGRET, BUT ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.